Tuesday 24 May 2011

New levels of pain....

I've come to expect a level of muscle soreness. Thought I was pretty tough about it these days. Hmm. Think again! After Monday's workout, I was beginning to walk as though I'm in my eighties, not my thirties. Thats Ok, it will pass - I tell myself. After Tuesday's workout, a few extra bits were starting to express themselves fairly loudly. So today - I've done my run - felt good. But just to make sure - no part of my body missed out on experiencing just how good it feels to really hurt - I went for my first training session with a neighbour, who is a retired gym instructor/body builder. Excellent - felt good to push those muscles - maybe I'll end up with a set of abs to be proud of after all....Only trouble is - I already needed to leave extra time to go to the loo, because my legs hurt so much it takes a few minutes to sit down, and now - I'll only be able to drink my meals through a straw - as I can't lift my arms up as far as my mouth! And I agreed to put myself through this torture again on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment