Saturday 28 May 2011

Whose life is this?

What a difference 20 or so kilos can make! Still a small bit to go, but so close now - I can taste it. I feel as though I am living in someone else's body - the size and shape of this new one is so foreign to me. And yet at the same time - the more my body changes, the more I feel like myself - like I was stuck in the wrong body for 15 years.
Walking though a conservation park today, with my children and parents - there is no discomfort. There is now strength - in my body, and growing strength in my mind, and growing strength in my confidence. I am so much more able to be exactly where I am. In nature - soaking up the energy and enthusiasm of my children; listening to my parents share their life and wisdom with my children; breathing in air so fresh it tastes "green". I can feel myself waking up - as if I've been snoozing for most of my adult life. It feels so, so, so good. There seem to be so many more possibilities in life. I realise the possibilities were always there, but I wasn't, my head wasn't, I couldn't believe for myself that changes are possible.
Don't you just love the writing of Eckhart Tolle. In the introduction to his book "Stillness Speaks" he says something that resonates right down to the core of my soul: "A true spiritual teacher (and my own little note - not just spiritual teachers) does not have anything to teach in the conventional sense of the word, does not have anything to give or add to you, such as new information, beliefs, or rules of conduct. The only function of such a teacher is to help you remove that which separates you from the truth of who you already are and what you already know in the depth of your being." What I take from this, especially in regards to weight loss, is that I already knew - deep down that I could be fit and healthy, but with the help of 12 Week Body Transformation (the spiritual teacher in this case) the things that separate me from the truth of that are slowly being removed.
Grateful for the fact that I live in Australia
Grateful for my parents
Grateful for all of the "spiritual teachers" in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment