Monday 23 May 2011

Training with an audience!

Usually, the children are sound asleep at 5.45am when I get up to train. Today, though, day 1 of Round 2, I've trained to the sound of children sneezing, coughing and blowing noses! My 11 year old son, and 13 year old daughter weren't the least bit interested in how much my muscles were burning, or how many calories I'd burnt - but on where the box of tissues was! Poor things. Tonight, my muscles are starting to show signs of a light training week last week (in other words really hurting) and my six year old son is barking like a dog - coming down with croup. Could be an interesting night around here.

Have to say it felt so good, to be eating well - let myself off the hook a bit last week, and if felt so, so good to have my hands firmly back on the steering wheel. A bummer though, saved my pennies and bought myself a set of Tanita scales, hopped on today, and they weigh me at an extra kilo than the old ones. That sucks! So, after the weekend in Melbourne, and being a little (ok quite a lot) relaxed last week, and the new scales, I've got around 9kg to lose to get to goal, instead of 6kg :( So, I'm hanging on tight to that steering wheel.

On a deliciously tasty note - I was introduced to Weis Triple Berry sorbet bars tonight (calories accounted for of course). YUM! And only 53 calories! Probably an occasional treat, considering that sugar is listed as the second ingredient, but yum, yum, yum.

Grateful for the sound of rain on my roof while I sleep tonight.
Grateful for the comforting warmth of our fire.
Grateful for Weis Bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment